Spanner Standing Seam Roof Anchor
The Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchor is compatible with nearly all types of standing seam roofs. It utilizes S-5 clamps to quickly and easily attach to roof seams, and is manufactured from extremely lightweight and durable aluminum. This anchor is compatible with seams from 12" - 24" apart, and may be used in either permanent or temporary installation applications.
*Comes standard with S-5-U Clamps. Certain styles of standing seam roofs will require a differed model S-5 Clamp. To check correct S-5 Clamp model, contact Guardian Fall Protection or refer to the S-5 load test results chart here: http://www.s-5.com/clamps/index_1037.cfm
Personal Fall Arrest: Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchors may be used in Personal Fall Arrest
- Compatible with nearly all standing seam roofs
- Permanent or temporary applications
- Worker capacity: 130-310 lbs. (including all equipment) unless used with system components certified for up to 420 lbs.
- Utilizes S-5 clamps
- Manufactured from lightweight, durable aluminum
- Compliant with all OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926 Subpart M,ANSI Z359.1-07, and ANSI A10.32-2012 regulations.
applications to support a MAXIMUM 1 Personal Fall Arrest System (PFAS). Structure must withstand loads applied
in the directions permitted by the system of at least 5,000 lbs. Maximum free fall is 6', unless used in
combination with equipment explicitly certified for extended free fall. Applicable D-ring: Dorsal.
Restraint: Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchors may be used in Restraint applications. Restraint
systems prevent workers from reaching the leading edge of a fall hazard. Always account for fully deployed
length of lanyard/SRL. Structure must withstand loads applied in the directions permitted by the system of at
least 1,000 lbs. No free fall is permitted. Restraint systems may only be used on surfaces with slopes up to 4/12
(vertical/horizontal). Applicable D-rings: Dorsal, Chest, Side, Shoulder.
Work Positioning: Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchors may be used in Work Positioning
applications. Work Positioning systems allow a worker to be supported while in suspension and work freely with
both hands. Structure must withstand loads applied in the directions permitted by the system of at least
3,000 lbs. Maximum allowable free fall is 2'. Applicable D-rings: Side, Shoulder.
- Materials: Large Tie-Off Bar, Aluminum; Seam Bar (2), Aluminum; Tie-Off Tab, Stainless Steel; S-5 Clamp (8), Aluminum.
- (2) Set Screws are provided with each S-5 clamp. S-5 Clamps are designed with four Set Screw holes for increased versatility, but require only two Set Screws for proper installation of the Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchor.
- 3/16” Allen wrench attachment tip (provided with S-5 Clamps) is required for installation of Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchor. To install, attach Allen wrench attachment to compatible 1/4” drive screw gun.
- Adjust Permanent Adjustable Standing Seam Roof Anchor to match roof seam spacing. Compatible with roof seams from 12” - 24” apart. Tighten all (4) bolts on Tie-Off Bar to 25-30 foot-pounds.
- Roof material 22 gauge or thicker, torque S-5 Clamp Set Screws to 13.33-15 foot-pounds.
- Roof material thinner than 22 gauge, torque S-5 Clamp Set Screws to 10.83-12.5 foot-pounds.